Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Candle holder Simon from Borek Sipek

I remembered that my parents bought themselves 2 of these SIMON Candele holders from Borek Sipek a few years ago, I have always been intrigued by it. My mum has hers candles in it and in the middle, there is a little vase, you can place flowers. I loved watching my father polishing the silver after dinner sometimes.
I was very happy, when my parents bought me one to have in my house.

from Elle Decor






I love the design of it, like it is without candles.

This is the designer Borek Sipek:
Borek Sipek

Some information about Borek Sipek:
The Czech architect, furniture designer, and glass artist Borek Sípek was born in Prague in 1949.
He studied furniture design at the Prague School for the Applied Arts and studied architecture at the Hochschule für bildende Künste in Hamburg. Borek Sípek took his degree in architecture at Delft Technical University. Borek Sípek also opened an architecture and design practice in Amsterdam. He founded Alterego, a design business, with David Palterer. In the 1980s, Borek Sípek designed Postmodern furniture and glass objects, which brought him international renown. Borek Sípek's designs are formally distinctive, both ingeniously conceived and sumptuous, and are often executed in unconventional materials and combinations of materials.
Borek Sipek designed products for Alessi, Cleto Munari, Driade, Maletti, Vitra, Leitnerhas works in the permanent collections of various museums around the world, inlcuding MoMa, Museum for Decorative Arts in Lyon and Paris, France, Vitra Design Museum in Weil am Rhein, Switzerland and Design Museum in London.

Other pretty designs:



Acate Coat hanger

I find his designs original, beautifull and quirky. They are statement pieces for in the house.

No comments: