Thursday, May 2, 2013

We have a King!

You must have been laying underneath a rock if you don't know about the abdication of our Queen Beatrix, who was Queen for 33 years. The 30th of April was the last Queensday ever.
I am still proud of being from Holland, it's a lovely country and we love our monarchy. Maxima looked lovely with het dress made by Dutch designer Jan Taminiau. I am so proud Willem maried a beautifull Argentinian woman, we need dome latin spirit in this monarchy.

They had lunch at the Rijksmuseum, wich was currently opened to the public after many years of renovation.
I really like the gold Chiavari chairs, many times used for weddings and other festivitys...



Spanish Crownprince Felipe and Prinsess Leticia

Sorry Charles, you may frown your face, but it's still not your turn...


It was lovely to have witnessed this happening and we expect Willem to be a great King.
This was the last Queensday ever in History, next year we will have King's day the 27th of April 2014.

2 comments:

Ana Antunes said...

Ohhh Dearest Chantal, I did thought about you there in Amsterdam! I wish I could have gonne too! I was so proud on this day like if it was my own Country. If I would be there I would probably cry!!! But until when is your Fiancé is going to be here?!? Please please have him come to my store so I can send you a present!! Please!... It's right under my office where you were when you were here... Besides Diesel Store!... Please...

Sexinho said...

And I was there in the front row claping like mad!
It was such a joy!